Friday 10 October 2008

First Gulf of Suez paper accepted for publication

I'm absolutely delighted, because I heard this morning that one of the papers on the Gulf of Suez work we're doing at Manchester has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Structural Geology, pending minor revisions. I will write a little more on the paper when I get a chance, probably next week. To summarise, it uses the LiDAR data we have in the Gulf of Suez to reconstruct the geological history of small fault-controlled basin, in a more detailed way than has been possible with other techniques. This is the first paper on the Gulf of Suez LiDAR work to come out, and I think that it is suitably impressive. Watch this space for more details.

3 comments:

Callan Bentley said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congrats ... look forward to seeing more about it on this blog

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.